Monday, February 6, 2012

Birds of a Feather...

Had a great weekend at Virginia Long Arm's "Birds of a Feather" educational retreat in Lancaster, PA. 


The beautiful dragonfly and feathers quilted here where done by Jamie Wallen one of the great instructors, whose class I was lucky enough to get into before it filled up. I thoroughly enjoyed the classes and planned to use what I learned to stitch some of these feathers on a quilt real soon.... You can see more if his work at www.jamiewallenfineartquilting.com.


This quilt, done by instructor Sue Papalia, was a real 'Mini Quilt' - note the coke bottle - the blocks used in the center looked to be less than a 1/2 inch. Her class "How do I quilt this?"was great, allowing us to bring in a quilt top for everyone to discuss. I brought my  "Seven Sister's Swap Quilt," the king size lone star I am suppose to have done by March to get suggestions. Sue's website: www.zanykreations.com

Thanks to Lou and Karli for coming along and hanging out with me for the weekend. Pringles, Oreos and a sewing machine, what more does one need to live in a hotel room. Oh there was the great indoor pool/playground for entertainment. We decided on the drive home Karli spent more time in the pool then I did sleeping...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment....